The Bourgault Ultra Low Disturbance (ULD) opener was designed by working with producers to create an opener that allows them to both travel faster in the field and reduce soil throw all while maintaining accurate seed placement. Producers were asking for a product that ensures versatility and durability at the same time offering less soil disturbance. The result is an opener that captures all of that. Our testing has shown seeding speeds increased 20% over what the producers were previously using. With producers always looking for ways to increase efficiencies during the seeding season, this is a true game-changer.
Note: Bourgault Industries recommends a maximum travel speed of 5.5mph with the use of their Paralink drills.
“We had bad stepping issues and bending of our seed boots. We weren’t getting our seed placed where we wanted it to be, so we knew we needed to make a change to the Dutch Bourgault ULD opener. With our new Dutch Openers we had less soil disturbance and less stepping. Our plant count was the best we’ve ever had. The opener allowed us to speed up by a whole mile per hour. I’m very impressed with this product and I think it’s going to change the industry.”
Austin Kemper, Fulda, SK
- • This opener is designed to replace the traditional shank on the row unit and attaches in its place
- • 1/2" replaceable tip with carbide front and back to promote extended life
- • Tang style tip connection offers increased durability
- • 4 replaceable tube options available to suit your operation
- • Alpine tube ready with liquid placed before the seed
- • All hardware included with opener purchase